Saturday, July 12, 2008

What do people understand about the word "Friends"

(Difference between friends and INDIAN friends)

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say 'hello'
INDIAN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug
and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Call your parent's mom
and dad.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table
and leave.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there,
talking,
laughing and just being together

FRIENDS: know a few things about you.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with
direct
quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if
that's what the crowd is doing.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole
crowds' ass that left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Walk right in and
say, 'I'm home!'

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Are for life.

FRIENDS: Will ignore this.
INDIAN FRIENDS: Will forward this.

Copied from Friendster.com. What you you all think when you see this message? Anything runs in your mind? Is there anything wrong with this message or is it just a normal chain message.

My explanation for the extract above.

I saw this forwarded message in my Friendster message inbox and found that this is quite disturbing. Basically I think it has a sense of racist. I am totally gonna counter this . I do not see that only Indians are good friends. To be frank I came form a hardcore Indian place and most of the Indians there are racist and sad to say I am embarrassed to say that I come from there. I have seen situations where in a wedding or any sort of celebration a group of older men or women get together,the topic of discussion would be on other races. The following months and perhaps years, I hated to attend any sort of functions due to their behavior and mindset.

There were even situations where they gossiped about others from so called same "race". Is this what we call "Indian Friends are concerned about", that as mentioned above. I dont think so. The fact is that the most crimes and gangsterism happening in Malaysia are done by Indians. WoW! I cant believe that people can create this kind of messages and other had forwarded it to their friends list and even to those who are not even Indians. This is a FACT not just some crap I telling. Let me make it clear. There is only ONE race in this world and it is the HUMAN race. Live with that fact, will make your life easier.

When you want to talk about me, let me tell I have met very less Indian friends within this 21 year. Dont come and tell me that this might just be a luck. I do have good friends who are not Indians and the are much better that what is said in above. And guess what, they are mostly Malay's and Chinese. They were nothing like what I have heard since I was small. During my younger days, I have been scolded by relations and even beaten up by schoolmates for having other than Indian friends .

I'm not saying there are not good Indians out there but its the message that we are sending out. I do agree there are some of them who are too protective about their believe,culture and religion. But that's just a minority case. This is us the nature of humans, we will try to find fault and not see the bigger picture about someone or something. There are implications of sending this kind of messages.

As i have mentioned ealier, what if a non-Indian were to read this? What will he or she would feel about themselves? Seeing the picture now I can tell that the reason that this nation is not together is because we are the ones who are having attitudes. There is no point for us to be unhappy about the political system, educational system, Bumiputra special rights and e.t.c because we are the same. Why do we complain when we are the one who have to change first?

To me this is a sort of race discrimination which i am not happy. The person who created this should be ashamed for bringing up this and should be held responsible upon creating a wide barrier between all of us. We are now in the zone of trying to be as one without seeing ethnicity or gender and some irresponsible people can afford to create something like this. I am NOT an Indian but a MALAYSIAN.

The funny thing is how many of us believe that we are Malaysians, the moment a person comes up and say something racist, for example "Hoi hindu keling", we tend to do back the same and sometimes worst. But I think it would help if we were to just talk to that person and ask why they say so and prove we are not as what they think or maybe have heard? If I am not mistaken, according to any religion, a person is taught to respect a women as equal as men and also other races and not to discriminate.

So please change your perceptions .I have no right to make u you mind but please do spend some time to think of what have we done for the past 50 years, at least you can think for yourselves and for your future generation. Why do we argue about the government and other when we ourselves are not in the right spot?

We are together for a certain period only. I say this because we are seen as one when we all agree on a point like during elections we were together and then all were like thats it. During Makkal Sakti rally there wereonly indians no other races were allowed to join except indians. Why? Did the other ethnic group say we will notsupport you ? Later we are seen at fuel protest and others as one naton but then thats it. Not more than that. Its like we need each other only when we are desperate. Is it possible for us to change but are we willing to ?



4 comments:

SueSin said...

I dont really agree with it. Cuz from my life experience, all this has never happened. Sounds quite racist lah that msg u got there. All berpihak kepada indians ny. All good things about Indian. Overall perception, a piece of racist crap.

Mc Chaoz said...

So it means that you support me. Thanks mate.

° no name face ° said...

people who wrote this & fwd it got nothing better to do. I remember you blogged abt this in your friendster blog if im not mistaken. ^_^

Mc Chaoz said...

Yes i have but at that time, I didn't have a blog and I changed it also. Thanks for the comment. Have a nice day