Friday, September 26, 2008

Step down or Stand Still

After a long period without technology access, finally I can online back. Past these few days, I tend to realise that there is not much news about UMNO top guns debating about power transition, MCA with the elections or even Pakatan Rakyat about the New Government. I'm quite surprised but who cares, its just politics.

I was just reading my online paper when this particular post got my attention. It was about Pak Lah in a Q&A session with 100 journalist. I will paste it down later so that all of you who will be dropping by my blog could read it. Basically the Q&A was about the power transition since Umno had an emergency meeting.

I really think Pak Lah is old. The way he answers is no base answers. He is running a nation and wants the journalist and the citizens to guess when is he going to leave or pass the PM post. This is not a guessing game or a post of some Pre-school monitor, we are talking about a nation, a nation where is it multi race, multicultural, multi ethnic and a nation where politicians get to play the race card, nation where ISA is the government's puppet and etc.

So what does the PM mean by " You can keep on guessing when I'm going to leave". With all respect Mr. PM, "If you want to leave 2010, its fine, done settle. Just say it and stop it. Or since most of your loyal supporters back stabbed you and wants you to leave early just say so!" Why are you making us, the people suffer? Like it or not some of us don't want any of you to sit on the President seat, we prefer someone younger and someone who can understand the upcoming generation better.

Example of the Q:

Jr : Are you going on leave soon?

PM: I am going on leave? Am I going on leave? How did you know? I am not going on leave, I have a lot of work to do.


What kind or answer is this. Is he even listening to the interview. Most of the questions asked by the journalists were surely related to the emergency meeting. But the answer given was, I have to discuss, I have to talk to Najib. So I want to ask, What did they talked in the Emergency Meeting?

Me and other people of this country would just like to know what is really going on, about the power transition because we are the ones who will be effected the most. What is the rational of having a PM who jokes and does not answer or even concentrate in an interview. You all can even watch the video and can see that our PM was not paying attention to the press. Is this what we what? Most of us are very familiar our PM's words and promises. Parliament will not be dissolved but it did the next day, Fuel will not hike till August but did in the same week after the announcement. So I think you get the picture...

The Q&A:

Will the Umno election be postponed to March?

The election is based on whatever decision that is reached during the divisional meetings [...] It's like last time, there is no change, it's just a bit of delay.

What is the reason for that?

Err... give what... what's the word just now... way... (turns to his deputy Najib Abdul Razak, seated next to him).. It's to facilitate an early transition.

Does that mean you won't be defending your post in March?

I have not announced any decision as this particular point is concerned. I intend to do it before the division meetings begin (on Oct 9).

Do you think the members will accept the decision to further put off the party election?

The supreme council members have agreed to it and it is not something that will cause difficulty. If we postpone the divisional elections involving other procedures, that will be troublesome.

Are you going on leave soon?

I am going on leave? Am I going on leave? How did you know? I am not going on leave, I have a lot of work to do.

Could you just clarify what you mean by ‘to facilitate an early transition'?

Whatever that I'll need to do later will be decided between me and Najib.

Are you going to stick to the 2010 deadline?

If (the transition) is brought forward, then 2010 is off.

Are you prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice if it's better for the party for you to leave early?

As far as I am concerned, I love my party. Even in the most difficult circumstances, I never left.

I did not join Umno 46 (Semangat 46), I never joined any other party, I've never been on the platform of an opposition party to speak against Umno. There was no record of me going against the party at any time at all.

Is there any plan to impose a limit for the presidency term in future?

Like MCA? We did not make any decision like that yet and have no such policy.

On the early transition, are you under tremendous pressure to quit?

No, nothing to do with that. Everything has got to do with my work, when I am done with my work, then I am done.

Do you feel that your colleagues in the Umno supreme council are asking you to leave early?

No, no, nothing (like that) happened. Maybe there are two, three who felt such way but most of them have no reason to pressure (me) because they know I have a cordial relation(ship) with Najib.

We have good consensus on everything and there should be no question about it.

Is it right to say that you will not contest the party post in March?

It will be my decision, right or not, it will be mine. You can go on guessing, the decision will be mine.
(taken frm Malaysiakini)

Link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adEnreI4TXE

No comments: